The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Hooligans Hijinks

On Tue, 1 May 2001 13:42:38 -0400,
Well I know its been awhile since my last Hooligan adventure but the kids have been a bit restrained since I broke my big toe getting Jayke to the vet. That does not mean however that they haven't been creative and up to Hooligan Hijinks.

First I finally decided to go on the Claireville Malamute hike with my two young sibes Tundra and Cojo. Now being one person against 6 dogs and trying to weed out just two to take, is not a simple task, let me tell you. But I was doing okay and finally had just Tundra, Cojo and Jayke in the house. So I'm in the sunroom and the dogs are outside 3 of them and 3 inside, grab the sunroom door to take others out to the car, won't move. Yes Tundra in all her excitement has now locked me out of the House YET AGAIN. Its getting pretty routine actually except it was early Sunday morning and I had to wake the neighbours to borrow their ladder to break into my house. Re-enter house and yell at Tundra for locking me out which she of course just ignores and goes racing away. Now Jayke was staying in the house while we were gone as she does like to sing outside and it frightens people :) Unfortunately in her excitement Tundra ran down to the front door (Jaykes territory) and they got into a scrap as Jayke had her bone down there and I hadn't moved it yet. Well luckily Tundra had her Harness on so I hauled her off and put her in the basement.

Now things only had to get better from here right? No!! on the way down the highway I'm looking for signs and directions and the kids are seat belted in the back but Cojo can still get close to me and blocks my view while we go right through the turn off and we are lost for awhile. But we made it on time and still got to go. I had the two hooligans on a 24foot training lead that I wrapped around my waist so I wouldn't have the constant tugging on my arms which I can't tolerate for long without serious pain. Unfortunately my size 28-29 waist was a size 23-24 when we got back.

The next day a friend visits and brings lunch, I offer a beverage, being the good hostess I am, and go down to the basement to retrieve it. Now Weaver the 9 month old pup was in and he and Jayke followed me downstairs. On the way back up Jayke was half was up the stairs and Weaver cut her off and she slid back down and picture this: Butt on floor, hind legs on first step, front legs on 3rd step. Yep WEDGED right in and she can't get up, I'm thinking oh my god I have to lift the 100lb critter. So she is a struggling and I reached down and hauled up her back end where upon she BITE MY HEAD!!!!! Yes my head, no blood, wee bit of a headache and slobber all through my hair, yes I had guests but luckily it was a Husky Breeder so he understood my dishevelled state when I returned with his Ice Tea.

So things are not quiet at the Hubley Hooligans as you can see even though the bike rides are down to a minimum.

Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home