The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Animal Encounters

I recently had a Barred Owl here everyday for over 2 months, what a beauty, he or she would let me get very close and take pictures of it like 5 feet away. I so looked forward to every day and getting to see Owl. Then one day I went onto the roof to check out major leaks and I fell off the ladder coming down. I fell about 15 feet, first thing I remember hitting was my head :( Ouch after that day I never saw the Owl again. Do you think he might have been watching and thinking to himself that stupid human is trying to fly I'm getting out of here? Yesterday while sitting at the computer I hear loud tapping on the window and much scratching of nails. I thought it was my Max in the room beside me seeing something outside from the Window sill. I jump up and got there and he's just laying there, sure enough outside I look and the Pileated Woodpecker was right there, apparently he wanted in :) I'm in a forest of about 38 acres and while sitting at my computer desk last fall low and behold a huge Blue Heron comes straight at me and lands on the roof just above my head with a THUNK. He stayed for a short time and then off he went. Then there's the big turtle crossing my driveway last summer, I stopped got out to make sure he was clear and he looked at me with disgust (I swear he did) and turned around and headed straight back into the bush at quite a trot for a turtle :) LOL So I don't know if these encounters will continue with nature, maybe I'll run into a Bear or Moose while hiking around my woods. I do love these encounters its almost magical :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home