The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

On Mon, 14 May 2001 Weaver in Training


On Mon, 14 May 2001 14:37:33 -0400, Marilyn Hubley
wrote:

>Today I decided the Articlight Special puppy I received at Christmas was
>going to learn some basic leash training. So I got him all geared up and
>stuffed my pockets full of treats and set off.
>
>Now I let him do his own business for awhile to get the hyper ness out of
>him and then hopefully he would listen better. Now this isn't bad if he
>just wants to drag me but he likes to Weave around me and lean on my leg
>when walking, hence his name WEAVER.
>
>So after a while I decided he's going to learn to walk beside me and heel a
>bit. He didn't think so, where upon he dives on the ground with the end of
>the choke chain in his mouth and rolls over and over while screaming at the
>top of his lungs :) I just smiled at the passing traffic praying none of
>these people had seen any of my other incidents. He stops rolling, lays on
>his back and looks at me. I asked him if he was finished and up he got.
So
>now he's sort of doing what I asked of him and is walking beside me without
>all the pulling. Unfortunately, he feels its best if he leans on my legs
as
>we walk, WHY? I can't fathom an answer. So we continue on, rewarding good
>behaviour and letting him know whats bad behaviour.
>
>Now the whole time he has his NOSE to the ground and he started to leap
into
>the grass chasing things. Well I didn't mind but after a while I'd say
>Weaver come and we'd move on. Unfortunately, with him being so low to the
>ground he'd see things before me and there were a few times I was almost
>ditch diving after him. Keep in mind I repeat in my head the WHOLE time I
>LOVE MY DOGS, I LOVE MY DOGS, I LOVE MY DOGS.
>
>Well we made it home :) yahooooooooo I meet my neighbour and stopped for a
>chat, Weaver sits at my feet like a good boy and proceeds to voice his
>displeasure at stopping. Not a grumble mind you a full out episode of
>scream and crying. My neighbour asked me, is he okay? why is he doing
this?
>does he do that all the time? is that normal? How exactly do you explain
>Siberians in one sentence? I couldn't and moved on by. Well we are in the
>driveway, I'm safe, I thought, of course I didn't see the red squirrel
make
>a break for it, Weaver did. Yes my right arm is now an inch longer than
the
>left.
>
>Did I tell you Jayke doesn't mind the vacuum?? Well that's what I thought
>but apparently the Central Vacuum is a different bird of prey. No sireeeee
>bob howdy was she happy about that one, she attacked it over and over
>grabbing the motorized head in her jaws and stopping the brush, and jumping
>on it. I gave up after about 2 minutes and turned it off but it was still
>hissing through the hose so it needed to be barked at for 1/2 an hour so it
>knew who boss was. I gave up and put it away.
>
>Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home