The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

On Sat, 26 May 2001 BI's and Sibes

On Sat, 26 May 2001 10:46:49 -0400, Marilyn Hubley
wrote:

>So things have been going pretty smooth lately (knock on wood) and I got a
>little cocky with the electric fence up thinking I was now SAFE from
escape.
>
>Now I know the electric fence is working as I, for god only knows why, seem
>to get zapped at least once a day. Yes I'm into the fence more than the
>dogs but I think it makes them feel better that I get shocked too. I
>believe I'm subconsciously giving myself shock therapy and I think I'm
>starting to like it!!!!!!
>
>So I put the pups all in the sunroom open the gates wide, disengage the
>electric fence and mow the back lawn so its a little easier to spot poops
>before my shoe does. Then I'm going all the way and get out the whipper
>snipper to finish it off. Now all hell is breaking loose in the sunroom so
>I decide to let a couple out and watch them close. I let Cojo and Weaver
>out and Weaver seems fascinated with the whipper snipper and always gets
too
>close. So on I go with my snipping, dogs are behind me, look again dogs
are
>gone, hmmmmmmm, dawns on me, gates are wide open!!!!!!!! Yes their
GONE!!!!
>
>Luckily I had my keys in my pocket, jumped in the Jeep and tore off after
>them. They were on top of the hill on our road heading for the Truck
>bypass, its rush hour and its busy. I drove down the wrong side of the
road
>to stop traffic but they crossed in front of me and turned on to the
bypass.
>I continued down the centre of the road, beside them and would stop ahead
>jump out and they'd blow on by me. On the third jump out (most of the
other
>cars were now staying put and watching) Cojo came to me and jumped in.
>Weaver however decided to play a bit more in the middle of the road, and
>then wondered where Cojo was and started searching. Well miracles of all
>miracles he actually came to me. Now the little beast is at the Jeep door,
>MY DOOR, and I have to lift him in. Easy you say??? This is a 50lb puppy
>that goes stiff when you pick him up with all legs pointing straight out, I
>have very limited upper body strength from a broken neck, no he doesn't
seem
>to be able to master getting in himself.
>
>Well I get him on my seat, he won't move!!!! I have to squish into the
>drivers seat, seatbelt unreachable, still blocking traffic so hurrying.
>Accidentally pull out in front of a car, give him the sorry buddy smile
with
>a dog sitting on my back and proceed home. Nope Weaver didn't budge the
>whole way, talk about trying driving with a 50lb Puppy on your back.
>Released them back into the yard, shut the gate and re-engaged the electric
>fence where upon I zapped myself again just to give myself a lesson for
>leaving the gate open.
>
>I LOVE MY DOGS and YES I'm certifiable
>
>Marilyn & the Hubley Hooligans
>http://sites.netscape.net/maykeema/homepage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home