The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001 Jayke has me Trained

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:20:51 -0500, Marilyn Hubley
wrote:

>So Jayke my rescue Malamute is settling in nicely and has me fully trained
>already :)
>
>She's walking better since I put her on Metacam daily and a MSM/Glucosamin/
>product for HORSES. So today we set out for our walk.
>
>Now for some reason I'm not aware of Jayke seems to like to walk in the
>DITCH. Not a problem I have the flexi leashes but there is a lot of snow
>and water and I'm worried about her breaking through and with that hind end
>of hers not being able to get out.
>
>First thing I learned was, if Jayke wants to go there I'm not strong enough
>to stop her without going in myself :)
>
>So down she goes for a stroll oh well just her paws and legs getting a bit
>wet right? She comes back up, I'm greatly relieved so I take her a little
>farther than usual. Next lesson I learn never give Jayke new challenges.
>
>So this part of the road has a ditch that is DEEP and I'm keeping her up,
>not easy but I'm a pulling. Too bad Mom I'm going for a SWIM!!!! Yes
right
>in up past the belly and she's a walking in mud and having herself a ball.
>Okay I can deal with that but I'm worried about her weak hind end for good
>reason. Then she notices its hard to walk and starts to fall and get stuck
>and struggle, now I'm panicking, Jaykes soaking wet and muddy but still
>keeps going even when stuck.
>
>At one point I knew she'd had enough and I thought great, nope changed her
>mind and I almost went into the water after her (oh by the way I'm also
>walking my Woolly Siberian Tasha) with Tasha. Managed to hang onto side of
>ditch (cars passing quite amused).
>
>Finally Jayke decided to come up and with me pulling not a problem but we
>still have all the way to go back home and she's exhausted from muck
wading.
>But she doesn't care, stops for a couple of POOPS, oh yes once you get her
>started the pooping comes in endless stop. So we start to walk back, now
>Jayke is taking it a full speed still but unfortunately trips a lot cause
>she's tired. Now a 100lb Mal at full speed tripping is not a pretty sight
>to see, let me tell you I almost bite my tongue off a few times in fear for
>her. Didn't even phase her.
>
>I'm walking back thinking GOD HELP US, GET US HOME, I CAN'T LIFT HER HELL I
>CAN'T EVEN DRAG HER!!!!!!!!!! Now I got lucky cause she wanted to go home
>to, so she passed up the frozen road kill and headed straight back :)
>
>Now she's a muddy filthy mess, so I stuck her in the yard in the kennel
with
>all the straw to dry out. I can close that pen so the others don't bug her
>thank goodness but yet I still wait for the howling I know I will
eventually
>hear as its closing in to KIBBLE TIME!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home