The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:08:19 Cojo's Off

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:08:19 -0400, Marilyn wrote:

>Hmmm what's with today? I decided to take the dogs for a walk, no big
deal.
>Except they all wanted to go and happen to spot the leashes, I was toast.
>So I harness all 5 UP and off we go into the fields. Well they were a
>tugging and a pulling. So I let the 2 old girls off to go on ahead by
>themselves. So I'm walking 3 two young huskies and a hound. Well the
hound
>starts a dragging me here there and everywhere and there's been so much
rain
>this year even the weeds are shoulder high and I'm 5'8. Finally I figure I
>have to let Tundra off, she's good always comes back buttttttttt I unhooked
>COJO by mistake. AND HE'S OFF!!!!!!! Well I called and called for 1/2
>hour, took the dogs back and put them in the yard and took my off leash
>older girl for a hike to find him. We looked everywhere back in the woods.
>Got back jumped in the jeep and did the rounds at the local farms as Cojo
>see's himself as a great sheep, horse whatever hunter. NOTHING, come back
>start the relatively long process of picking all the burrs off myself and
>outta my hair and brushing out the other dogs. Then I heard it!!!!!!!!!!
>That bark, I knew that bark and the direction it was coming from was
>completely the opposite way he'd run off and was at my local farm. Jump in
>Jeep drive down, let myself into the paddock, wad through sheep shit and
>there he is barking at the horses. Thank god the sheep where in the pens
>and he hadn't found them yet :) or so I thought. Usually a good boy who
>comes to me when I find him, he decides to play SILLY BUGGER!!!! Dodging
>this way and that, you can't catch me Mom. ERRRRRRRRRR then on one of his
>dodges he catch scent of a SHEEP off to the barn
>yeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhaaaaa. After the stampede in which I was almost
>trampled to death by sheep several times, I finally got the little shit
>cornered (not before we are both covered in sheep poop). He tried
valiantly
>to get by me but was pooped and gave up. Great, survey the scene and all
>sheep are still standing but one has obviously cut one corner too fast and
>has a bloody nose. Take Cojo out, into Jeep, drive home. Get him out,
back
>of Jeep is now COVERED in sheep shit. Take him into the yard, he's
powerful
>thirsty and HOSE the little bugger off. Not quite what I was going for on
>my walk but thank goodness everyone is safe and sound, except maybe that
>poor sheep with the bloody nose. I hope he doesn't croak!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Marilyn, Tasha, Carl, Tundra, Lady and Cojo (I can't wait for next time
>cause those sheep are mine!!)
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home