The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Minks are vicious

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000 16:54:45 -0400, Marilyn Hubley
wrote:

Phew had me a scare yesterday!!!! Got home in the afternoon from the local
fair and hear the dogs yapping and screaming. Ran to the backyard and saw
something sticking its head between the fence boards trying to bite at the
dogs. I ran out and looked and it was all black the size of a small cat.
Got the dogs inside and just as I was investigating my boyfriend set them
free (doesn't like the dogs in the house). So I rounded them back up, gave
him proper shit and set back to finding out what this was. Saw it was
still there so jumped off the chair I was standing on and it SHRIEKED at me!!!!!
Well the little bugger wasn't going anywhere and so I called the Wildlife
Control People. Took the dogs on a 3/4 of an hour walk got back looked
outside and nothing. The control people called later in the evening and we
figure out it was a MINK!!!!!! Apparently they are nasty, bold little
critters and will go at a full sized dog and bring them down. Well this
one drew blood off one of ours but we can't tell who and there wasn't much but
some on the fence. Apparently we have a few MINK farms around us and
occasionally they will escape. Thank god I decided to go with the full
wooden fence instead of invisible fencing or chain link or I could have
been looking at some large vet bills or lost one of my babies.

Marilyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home