The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Monday, September 18, 2006

The arrival of Big Red

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:06:20 -0400, Marilyn Hubley

Well we bathed the little (HUGE) dickens yesterday and I'll be damned if he
didn't just stand in the kiddie pool and let my houseguest hold him on
a leash while I bathed him, no fuss, no struggle NOTHING LOL Of course
even with that he still stinks but a little less, his fur is matted fairly badly
on his belly and I've snipped a lot out but he HATES being touched there.
Sothe houseguest into holding him still one night while I finish the job.

I got him a vet appointment tomorrow morning to have him looked over, he's
got a bit of a protrusion from his butt hole but nothing to worried about I
don't think, just wondering if he has an eye infection that can be treated
before he loses all his sight. Going to get his hearing checked to, still
not sure if he has hearing loss or just SELECTIVE hearing :) He responds
to NOTHING most of the time. Haven't found a name to suit
him or one he'll listen too so most of the time I call him BIG RED, or BIG
RED MALAMUTE or MALLY or clap my hands (best response time). He still play bites at me and I respect him but have learned that most of it is playing,
quite a feisty little critter he is and loves to play with us and the other
dogs. Appetite is okay but NOT great for his size, will try for a POOP
sample tomorrow before we go saw some in the backyard I don't like and
think it maybe his.

Think he has a CRACKED tooth in the back of his mouth (might explain the
killer breath) but most teeth look good, from what he'll let me see LOL
He's sleeping behind me right now and he must be chasing something in a
dream as the paws are going a mile a minute :)

That's all for now, will update again :)

Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home