The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Monday, February 11, 2008

One last sled ride

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 16:59:24 -0500, Marilyn Hubley
wrote:
>Well I had to do it, one more ride before its impossible to go. Made a tie
>job to hook up sled to tree and get one dog at a time and attach them to
the
>sled. Tundra first, of course Weaver (who was at present losing what's
left
>of his mind in glee) decided otherwise and snuck out. Over to the truck he
>ran, we're going sledding yahooo. Fine open truck put him in and finish
>hooked up Tundra then Cojo. Retrieve Weaver who is totally confused drag
>him around back to the sled hook him up. He's outta there, remember the
>tree and line? Ya the knot came loose and I was run over by my own sled
>but at least I caught it. Off we set beautiful day. I'm wearing
sweatpants,
>sweatshirt, no gloves, no coat and I was still hot. For the fields we go,
>laughing all the way, oh what fun it is to ride in a Siberian Husky sleigh.
>Gee & Haw are completely foreign to Weaver, who was in the lead, until
about
>half way through the journey and he's getting a bit winded. Then you can
>kinda steer him by pulling the sled in the direction you want to go and
>between no and good boy he gets it :) Was going to bungee cord myself to
>the sled, in case of a spill, but forgot that and the cell phone. Never
>fell once!!!! Made it back in one piece and headed straight to bed for a
>nap LOL
>
>Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home