The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Today's Adventures

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 17:22:38 -0500, Marilyn Hubley
wrote:
>Well I left today to go sledding with a friend up north :) What a GLORIOUS
>day to be out in the woods sledding with your furkids!!!! I had 4 dogs
>(borrowed same one I got last time) and we FLEW on those trails baby!!! I
>had to hold on pretty tight let me tell ya Weaver was in FLY mode and I
rode
>the brake pretty much all the way to keep from running over the other team.
>Was getting self assured and started to look at the lovely scenery,
smiling,
>look back, DUCK!!!!!!!!! Tree branch almost got me, later another one did
>skipped off the top of my head. Yep still running with no snow hook, fell
>twice, held on:) Ran into two sets of skiers WITH ankle biters. Did okay,
>minor try by a couple of dogs to eat them. Next up, I fell so hard I let
go
>and Liz was able to stop hers and catch mine :) After digging snow out of
>glasses (still on my face this time :) I jogged up the trail and retrieved
>said dogs then we had one heck of a time turning the teams around LOL Liz
>ran into me almost knocked me over, took forever to untangle my team then
>they'd tangled again :) On the way back Weaver had the TROTS never slowed
>him down, I was up wind and kinda nauseous. Then Cojo started with the
>trots (anyone that read this mornings email knows several have it from
>marrow bones). More wind my direction but this time I got worried cause
I'd
>seen blood in the yard this morning and Cojo was having blood coming out
>:( Finished our trip, had a lovely lunch with Liz & Peter and headed home.
>Just to be on the safe side dropped into vets to make sure Cojo wasn't
>running a fever. Was a Pom dog in front of me, cute little thing shaking,
>talked to it and the lady. It went in, next thing the doc is running out
>yelling get this dog on oxygen its blue. Apparently I then found out the
>dog had been seizing several times that day and started again when they got
>it on oxygen :( I waited and the doc came up and told me of the emergency
>and I told her why I was there and she quickly took Cojo's temp NORMAL and
>she told me she didn't think the poor Pom was going to pull through :( I
>thanked her and wish the dog luck and came home :( Did I mention Weaver
had
>the runs too???? Yep he did it in the rear of my Durango on the way home,
>quite a lovely smell really to a DEAD MAN. :( UGH Cruised the yard when I
>got home and someone else had blood in their stool too. Still bright red
>not the other (almost lost my first dog to a bone stuck in bowel) but as
Doc
>said keep a close eye on them :( I just have to figure out if its Pride,
>Max, Carl or Big Red now. Funnily enough I'm exhausted but something tells
>me there will be little sleep again tonight :(
>
>Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans (every minute is an adventure here) (any
>babysitting volunteers????? I need a vacation :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home