The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 Rabbit Roadkill

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 20:24:56 -0400, Marilyn wrote:

>Well today's walks yielded some hysterical laughter from me and strange
>looks from passers by :)
>Took the Hound and Cojo and Tundra for a walk. Everything's going fine
>we're strolling along and I spy a rabbit killed by a car up ahead. I
>thought well I'll let the dogs walk past it (1st mistake), then I thought
>hell their good dogs I'll let them look at it (2nd mistake), going right
out
>on a limb why not let them sniff it (3rd mistake, have I told you I'm head
>injured yet) LOL no excuse I know. Well they all had a sniff and Cojo
>decided it was his and grabbed it, I tried to make him drop it but gave up
>and let him walk with it in his mouth (fresh kill) parading around like the
>great hunter. Finally on the way home I started to try and make him drop
>it, not a chance, he hide behind the hound (they were leashed together) and
>in the process wiped bunny blood all over the hounds butt (yep its white).
>On one attempt to snag the bunny the heart (some innards) flew out and
>Tundra grabbed herself a snack. My next attempt I held the dog stepped on
>the bunny and proceeded to rip off the poor things leg which unbeknownst to
>me Tundra was snacking on again. Finally I thought, THAT'S IT, I'll choke
>it off the little bugger, that's when cars starting stopping to ask if we
>were okay ROFLMAO. I'm like oh ya he's just got a bunny and I'm trying to
>get it off him (no I'm not trying to kill my dog lady). Finally Cojo gave
>up and became tired after holding it for a long time and dropped it and I
>yanked the chain to get him away. SUCCESS!!!!!!!! but wait, Cojo's a
little
>ticked off he lost his prize, sooooooooo he attack Tundra she scampers
away,
>so hey why not take on the Hound I'm chained to!!!!!!!!! So Cojo and the
>Hound have a battle, hounds hairs all up and quite a ruckus ensued. At
this
>point I'm pretty sure I'm going to die of embarrassment as cars are slowing
>down at the stop sign to see what's up!!!!!!!!!! Well I let them finish,
>really not much I could do and they've done it before and its all show,
then
>we resume our homeward trek. WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!!!!!!!! My god I'm
>insane!!!!! Needless to say tomorrows trip will be on a different route
>just in case some coyote hasn't picked up the snack Cojo left him all over
>the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>No flames please I know it was a stupid mistake and I'm paying for it, got
>rabbit blood on my pants :)
>
>Marilyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home