The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 Weavers on a long leash

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:32:12 -0500, Marilyn Hubley
wrote:

> So today I'm going to take Weaver for his last Drag (errr I mean walk)
>before his training starts (would have started today but I'm out of liver
>treats). Off we set 1 Elderly Malamute none to steady, 1 Elderly Woolly
>Siberian old and arthritic, 1 Siberian Puppy with deformed front paw and
>Weaverkins fully capable of mass destruction without provocation (as
>witnessed by the two paper towel rolls he dissected on my freshly cleaned
>sunroom floor this morning) and strength and sauciness oozing out of ever
>pore.
>
>Now the first 3 are off lead, I walk in the fields behind me and I figure
if
>need be I might be able to out run any of them (NOT). Then there is Weaver
>I put him on the 25 foot lead (first mistake) for training horses. Off we
>set, Weaver first attempts to jump in the poop pit which thank good had a
>semi frozen cap of ice on top of it. Takes off around the corner at high
>speed which cost me two fingernails bent back until broken. Actually comes
>when I call him and sits like a good boy (devious plan to weaken my
>defences) and drags me up the hill over yonder. Now Weaver and a 25 foot
>leash I figure he can run a bit anyway and get some of his ya ya's out.
>Except what about the others!!!!!! Yes Weaver on a long leash is dangerous
>to anything that has feet. He wiped out the Malamute first and she got
>smart and stayed out of range from then on, then he took out the Woolly
>Siberian with a quick cut across in front of her that she remarkably stayed
>on her feet for, as she disentangled her back legs and of course the puppy
>was next but luckily he's not far off the ground. So all got taken down
but
>hey I survived!!! or maybe not. Called Weaver he came over sat down and
one
>of the others caught my attention so I looked over and called to Pride as I
>was doing that Weaver BOLTS doing 90 hits the end of the 25foot leash
(which
>of course is attached to my arm in case of emergency). Next thing I
>remember is flying through the air, back to front and landing on my knees
>and hands. Now so far I'm fairing pretty well but something tells me this
>is going to hurt big time, especially since he was tied to my left arm (the
>arm affected the most by my broken neck 9 years ago) and said arm is having
>a hell of a time typing this
>:( ahhhhhh life is good. I'm off for training treats for Weaver. Wish me
>luck.
>
>Marilyn
>=========================================================================

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home