The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Fur Lined Nest Continued


Well since that darn landscaper took my fur lined nest I found, I figured
I'd set off today to find another one.

So I took (what I thought was being smart) one dog COJO. Strapped on the
hands free belt leash and away we went. First obstacle encountered was the
fact I was traveling the same trails as deer, racoons, bunnies ETC.... so
Cojo's nose was to the ground and we were travelling pretty quick. Normally
thats not a problem but I was hiking through marshy area and rough terrain,
so the prospect of going down, face first, was ever present, along with a
lot of twisted ankles.

Next problem going through saplings A WHOLE FOREST OF EM~!!!!! you try and
follow a husky through the maze NOT EASY!!!! Not to mention the old back
track trick and the subsequent tree to the face for Mommy grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Okay now I'm finding nests GREAT!!!! Next problem, nests in one hand,
jacket (was too hot shoulda known) in other hand, no hands to help avoid
trees, bushes and cushion the fall I knew I was going to take!!!! BY this
time I've got 5 nest, none husky fur lined :( I'm despondent!!!!!! My back
is killing me from the constant jolt of Cojo dragging me, stop, go, stop,
go!!! and damnit I"M HUNGRY!!!!!

Well I figure 5 nests is good, lets head home Cojo, he's starting to get a
wee bit winded (THANK GOD) so the walk back along the trails was easier.
Unless you count the drive by dragging near the apple tree where the deer
have left lots of scent. Well Cojo's helps drag his Mommy home and get her
up all the hills and just as we were about to start down a small hill to my
fence I looked up and THERE IT WAS!!!!! My frigging bird house with a latch
for cleaning that I have up for Bluebirds!!!!!! I thought WOW, but no,
never seen anything in there!!!! Take it down, Cojo waiting patiently, open
it up and the whole bottom is fur and feather LINED!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Okay its square damn it but its a frigging nest and its husky fur lined and
I'm happy :) Did I happen to mention this birdhouse was in my own
backyard?????

Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home