The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

On Sat, 7 Jul 2001 The Hubley Hooligans still together

On Sat, 7 Jul 2001 13:56:40 -0400, Marilyn Hubley
wrote:

>Was a day like any other!!!!! Overcast outside so I decided to start to
>move the rest of the crushed brick I'd had delivered from the driveway to
>the backyard while it was cooler.
>
>Gathered all four legged hooligans and put them in the sunroom so I could
>open the gate and go back and forth with the wheelbarrow and not worry.
>
>Got quite a few loads over and worked up a sweat and decided to call it
>quits for the day and take a shower. Brought the wheelbarrow out and
closed
>up the garage and went in the house.
>
>Decided Weaver could wait outside while I was in the shower as he can be
>destructive if left alone (he's going on 1 year). He went out none of the
>other 3 would (two old ones inside), so I had to drag one out to stay with
>him or he'd cry.
>
>Jumped in the shower ahhhhhhhhhhh felt great. Could hear Jayke wooo
>wooooing which was unusual. Then the phone rang, couldn't get it was in
the
>shower!!!! Got out and could still hear Jayke the Malamute talking. So
>quickly got my robe on to investigate. LOL There's my neighbour at the
>front door looking panicked. Can you guess what I did???? Yep put two
dogs
>out but had forgot to shut the gate or reconnect the electric fence. They
>were coming home and over the hill they saw Weaver running away. They
>stopped and picked him up in their truck and were wedged in the front seat
>with a puppy Sibe that is usually wet from his pool and smells like
>something died because he gets into the composter.
>
>My poor neighbour thought something serious had happened to me cause the
>gate was open my other Sibe pup was still in the yard. The others were
all
>in the house, I wasn't answering the doorbell or phone. She had just sent
>her other half to go around back and see what he could. She was just about
>to turn around and phone the police when I appeared at the front door in
>robe and towel on head.
>
>Lessons I learned???? Well with such a screwed up memory after a brain
>injury I get really distracted easy so this isn't the only time I've left
>the gate open but at least I know when the dogs knock me down the stairs
and
>I'm dead the neighbours will have the police there before I start stinking
>:)
>
>Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home