The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Walking Big Red

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:49:05 -0400, Marilyn Hubley

BIG RED MALAMUTE is doing very very well. His surgery to remove
the growths on his butt went extremely well. No incontinence. Having 4
rotten teeth removed helped his disposition also. He's far more happy than when I first got him in August. He's getting into a routine with me and hasn't bitten me in I'd say a good week. :)

Tomorrow he goes for his first professional grooming :) I'm staying there
with him to calm him and so hopefully a muzzle won't be needed. He LOVES
to be bathed but hates being brushed underneath.

He's quite the priceless character :) Yesterday I let him in and he was
acting all giddy and puppyish. Walked into the kitchen got excited with me
and kinda jumped/played bowed and landed right on the hardwood floor belly
first. He sort of just looked at me, like hey why did you do that, I was
just playing!!!! :)

I still haven't figured out a way to get his eye drops in and am
concentrating on him being comfortable with me and happy here.

Oh by the way took him for his first walk in the field. I don't thinks
he's ever done that before. I unleashed him about 4 times and he immediately
did a 180 and headed home :) At least he recognizes this as a safe place.
Hopefully soon he will recognize my voice as a safe person :) :)

Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home