The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 Tundra Attacks Tasha

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:18:05 -0400, Marilyn Hubley
wrote:

>Well Tasha is home, barely the sedative knocked her out big time. She
>finally let me lift her out of the Truck without getting bit, staggered
>about 15 feet and collapsed. I let her rest and then talked to her and got
>her in the door, then helped her up the stairs. The poor wee baby had 5
>stitches right beside her eye and the other bite went through the back of
>her ear into the ear channel and the vet had to scope it to see it but
>couldn't do much because of where it was. She is a very very lucky girl I
>got there when I did vet said could have been MUCH worse. Vet said inside
>the ear should be fine and we will keep an eye on it and Tasha will go back
>in 10 days to get her stitches removed. Her eye is SO swollen and she's
>whimpering and crying in my bedroom. Poor little darling hadn't even had
>her breakfast yet so I quickly made her up her dinner with meds and fed her
>a few biscuits. Looking pretty pathetic at the moment, I got a few shots
of
>her eye stitched up if anyone wants to see them let me know and I'll email
>them :(
>
>Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans
>Tasha (poor me, I hurt, Tundra is a bad girl)
>Tundra (what what did I do?)
>Weaver ( I'm happy even when I'm getting beat up)
>Cojo (I didn't see a thing)
>Carl (I was watching but was afraid to help)
>Pride (I'm da baby, I just look cute and I'm good for nothing but cuddling)
>
>
>
>
>Well this morning everything was going grand, nice morning shower the suns
>out and BOOM. BIG FIGHT, BIG BIG BIG FIGHT but it doesn't sound like the
>usual combatants. Run to the window, Tundra (2 1/2 year old girl) has
Tasha
>(Woolly Sibe rescue age unknown but has bone spurs and Hepatitis) by the
>face on the ground upside down beating the crap outta her. Luckily I was
>dressed, phewwww, off I run, through the house, out the door, over the mud
>(slippers look a little nasty now) and around the corner, into a bush OUCH
>(new bruise), and over to the fracas. Smacked Tundra off Tasha who took
off
>to the door, reprimanded Tundra (not much you can do, instinct) and ran to
>see Tasha.
>
>Tasha came inside and something was very wrong, her face covered in spit
and
>one ear lower than the other. Now anyone that has a Woolly can tell you
>damage is hard to find on them with all that hair but as I was towelling
her
>off, blood showed up. Then some showed up about an inch from her eye. I
>got the Peroxide and went to clean but when I pulled the area it opened up
>right to the flesh. Straight to the phone with the vet, Tasha's coming
in.
>Now she was also bleeding in her ear and had a puncture behind the ear too.
>Of course she will have to be sedated for the one by the eye as it needs
>stitches and the vet will shave the rest of the area and check her over
well
>for any other wounds :(
>
>Poor my beautiful Tasha, her pride is wounded, her beautiful face will be
>shaved and all she was doing was sunning herself :( Send her warm and
fuzzy
>thoughts and Mommy will be spoiling her till she feels better.
>
>Oh did I mention? I have another rescue on his way up from the US soon?
>His name is Chocolate he's 8 1/2 years old Malamute/Siberian who's owner
>dumped him cause he got into the neighbours flowers and dug them up, good
>reason eh? He's currently being treated for Heartworm and has to be fixed
>but will be here soon. LOL Ya I'm a sucker for punishment but I love them
>:)
>
>Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans
>=========================================================================

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home