The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Big Red's Bath

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:06:20 -0400, Marilyn Hubley
wrote:
>Well we bathed the little (HUGE) dickens yesterday and I'll be damned if he
>didn't just stand in the kiddie pool and let Roger (houseguest) hold him on
>a leash while I bathed him, no fuss, no struggle NOTHING LOL Of course
even
>with that he still stinks but a little less, his fur is matted fairly badly
>on his belly and I've snipped a lot out but he HATES being touched there.
So
>now he's dried out I'll try and rope Roger into holding him still one night
>while I finish the job.
>
>I got him a vet appointment tomorrow morning to have him looked over, he's
>got a bit of a protrusion from his butt hole but nothing to worried about I
>don't think, just wondering if he has an eye infection that can be treated
>before he loses all his sight. Going to get his hearing checked to, still
>not sure if he has hearing loss or just SELECTIVE hearing :) He responds
to
>NOTHING most of the time and I think he bonded with Roger and not me.
(some
>of my rescues I definitely know are MAN dogs). Haven't found a name to
suit
>him or one he'll listen too so most of the time I call him BIG RED, or BIG
>RED MALAMUTE or MALLY or clap my hands (best response time). He still play
>bites at me and I respect him but have learned that most of it is playing,
>quite a feisty little critter he is and loves to play with us and the other
>dogs. Appetite is okay but NOT great for his size, will try for a POOP
>sample tomorrow before we go saw some in the backyard I don't like and
think
>it maybe his.
>
>Think he has a CRACKED tooth in the back of his mouth (might explain the
>killer breath) but most teeth look good, from what he'll let me see LOL
>He's sleeping behind me right now and he must be chasing something in a
>dream as the paws are going a mile a minute :)
>
>That's all for now, will update again :)
>
>Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home