The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm back: Sad Note

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:43:11 -0500, Marilyn Hubley
wrote:
>Well unfortunately due to my own stupidity I lost the use of my computer
>since last Friday night so I've had to delete a lot of messages on Sibernet
>to catch up :) So if I missed any Birthdays I'm sending out best wishes.
I
>hope there were no losses.
>
>If you'll remember I was being paid back for laughing at Tundra running
head
>first into a drawer I'd left open and the Hooligans were paying me back.
>Well it continued the next day, I decided to hook up Tundra & Weaver and
let
>them pull a tire. I had them outfitted and they dragged me out of the
>house, I was holding them with all my strength but having a heck of a time
>since they were in harness and not choke chain. Well I did damn well,
>thought I was lost a few times but I almost made it when I turned an ankle
>and got off balance and was pulled face first in the snow & brush, I almost
>had my left arm ripped off :( Yes at that point I should have known how it
>was going to go and cut my losses and went back inside BUT NOOOOOO. So I
>pick myself up, get snow out of my hair, not fast enough off my jacket as
it
>melted down the front of my SHIRT. Noticed Tundra's harness was ripped
>(Weaver had chewed it apart before and I sewed it together) but stuck her
>leg through another loop and proceeded. Weaver likes to pull and did the
>lions share since Tundra was harnessly challenged. Off we went half way I
>realized I'd left my gloves in the snow where I fell, too late. Out into
>another field they travelled with me helping when the tire got stuck. I
>wanted to turn around before they got too tired, too late, I callllllled
and
>calllllllled nope laying down not moving. Finally I got them motivated and
>off we set made it back to the field behind my house and then of course
they
>had to hunt mice under the snow and I ended up being the one to DRAG the
>tire the rest of the way home :( Quite frankly I was glad we made it home
>alive and was fully expecting to be in a lot of pain from the arm rip but
>was lucky and didn't do bad :) I'm hoping to get 4 of the Hooligans proper
>pulling harness made up. I'm open to suggestions on how to tandem two at
>once without them getting all tied up. Did I mention I got BIT? :( Big
Red
>was being pestered by Max and Big Red bit the first thing he could, yep was
>me, sporting a pretty nice bruise in 4 spots (turning yellow & blue) and a
>few punctures!!!!!! ON a very sad note Cupper the amazing rescue Hamster
>that survived a night in a closed room loose with a Walker Hound has past
>away. I hadn't been in the computer room for a couple of days since the
>computer was being repaired but Carl was crying at the door so I checked, I
>guess he could smell that Cupper had past away :( God's speed Cupper, I
>didn't get to pay you as much attention as I would have liked, you were a
>very very good boy and I will miss you greatly :(
>
>Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home