The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 Biking with Sibes

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 08:51:52 -0400, Marilyn Hubley
wrote:

>Well I'd healed up enough and the weather was good so I thought I'd give
>another shot at biking riding. First I have to sew up both harnesses as
>some body got them and chewed them!!!
>
>I took Tundra this time figured she'd be easier than Cojo the born sled
dog.
>Just as I got the door open Tundra makes a bolt for it and gets out.
>Luckily she ran straight for the Jeep as she thought we were going car
ride.
>So I quickly ran over and let her in while I got ready.
>
>Got the bike out, attached the lease to the frame and opened the Jeep where
>upon seeing the Bike Tundra fled to the other side of the Jeep terrified.
>Hmmmmmm this isn't a good start. Drag dog out of Jeep attach dog to bike
>grab bike before it leaves without me.
>
>Now down the driveway always seems to be the good part and we made it fine.
>No road kill on the road this time so that was a relief. She isn't a big
>marker of Mailboxes but does like to sniff. Biggest problem was the
100MILE
>AN HOUR wind blowing straight at us. I kid you not we were almost going
>BACKWARDS!!!!!!! Tundra's ears were laid right back and still flopping and
>even with her pulling I could barely go forward.
>
>Now I didn't use the flexi lead this time and used a 6 foot lead as some of
>you recommended. Not bad but I did almost run over Tundra a few times as
>she couldn't decide which side or maybe even behind or in front was the
best
>spot.
>
>Finally we aren't going to make it to the stop sign, wind too hard and I'm
>getting my teeth sandblasted from the dirt at the side of the road.
Luckily
>I wore sunglasses. Turn around and head back. Tundra is exhausted and
>quite frankly doesn't want to run anymore (Cojo went twice the distance).
>So she starts to put on the brakes, well at least I have the wind behind me
>now and we limp back home.
>
>Get home unhook Tundra go to put her in the backyard, remember my incident
>with the Electric Fence and Cojo so decide to put Tundra in the house for
>now :) Would really love another nap but poop parole calls.
>
>On the bright side I lost no skin this time and my teeth are whiter from
the
>sandblasting :)
>
>
>Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home