The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Max's first day with Mom

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:39:21 -0500, Marilyn Hubley
wrote:
>Well it was going WELL :( We had an INCIDENT!!!!!!!!! I was outside
>cleaning the yard up for the day and bringing in two more dog houses for
the
>Hooligans. In the middle of this I heard a scuffle. Sure enough my Alpha
>Tundra had Max and was giving him shit and hauling him around by the scuff
>of the neck. He must not have given her the DUE respect for an alpha or he
>took something that was hers. Unfortunately this sent Max into a panic and
>he bit his own paw and drew blood :( I got there fast and stopped the
fight
>but poor Max was so upset so I immediately threw away all spectators and
let
>him in the house. He was bleeding from his back paw he bit but it stopped
>quickly and he hurt his front paw (I imagine it twisted) but its getting
>better already :( He's starting to perk back up now but poor baby it was
>destined to happen at some point and it rocked his world. He's more than
>content to lay with Mommy inside now.
>
>Marilyn & The Vicious Hubley Hooligans
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Siberian husky discussion list
>[mailto:SIBERNET-L@APPLE.EASE.LSOFT.COM]On Behalf Of Marilyn Hubley
>Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 1:39 PM
>To: SIBERNET-L@APPLE.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>Subject: Re: [SIBERNET] Max's first day with Mom
>
>
>Last night Max slept with Cojo in the sunroom and was a very very good boy.
>I heard him at 7am and put him outside :) All was going well and I was on
>my way to the gym when Max spotted me outside scrapping the ice and snow
off
>my vehicle. Okay change of plans where ever I go today Max is going with
>me. Might as well see how he reacts to our town. So we went for a big
>ride together (mental note, Max needs seat belt as I couldn't see out of my
>passenger window or mirror for a FURRY WHITE HEAD the whole time :) Then
we
>went to our town for a visit. He came to the post office with me to pick
up
>our Secret Santa present, behaved very well. A man came up and patted him
>(yes without asking idiot) but Max let him no problem. Stopped at my
>Groomer friends, to introduce Max, he totally ignored the cat in front of
>him (cat known for smacking dogs). Then it was off to the Gym to tell them
>I wouldn't be there as Max had other ideas :) Everyone ewwwww and ahhhhed
>over him. Several men paid attention to him. Then we did a drop by at my
>vet to show them our new addition. Here there was another Cat and he
>sniffed it and ignored it. Actually he was much more fascinated with their
>Birds!!!! Then we went to the pet store where Max went shopping. The
owner
>dropped by while we were there and went ga ga over Max. She is a rescuer
>also and is hoping to move from her Townhouse to start taking more animals
>soon and loved Max. Said he was gorgeous and asked if I could bring him
>back for a photo session. She is a photographer too and wants to set Max
>and his beautiful whiteness against a blue background :) Max sniffed
>everything in the store but never helped himself to goodies laying out. He
>was given a free Cow Cheek (he wasn't quite sure what to do with it but
took
>it). Then it was off to Tim Hortons Drive Thru for a coffee where Max
>turned on the charm by sticking his head out the window to show off his
>gorgeous self while the drive thru people ewwwwed and ahhhhhhed at him.
>Then it was home sweet home where he just wanted back outside to be with
the
>rest of the Hooligans :) All in all a very good day and I am very proud of
>him :) We tell his story where ever we go and then they love him even more
>:)
>
>Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home