The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Sledding Today

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:13:31 -0500, Marilyn Hubley
wrote:
>I had to go today after that last dump we had I was sure the snowmobilers
>would have been out and made trails. WRONG!!!!!!!! So Weaver, Pride & I
>wade through about knee to hip deep snow only to find we have no trails.
>Well of course the dogs weren't going back and were all hyper so off we
>went. I never rode the sled I just pushed, pulled, and hung on. After two
>field we headed for the road (by the way forgot my sunglasses and was
>squinting to beat the band). At least I got in some Gee/Haw/On By
training.
>I like to think so anyway. At the road see some snowmobile tracks off we
>go!!!!!! Only to realize they run out not far down and onto the road :(
>Turn around drag dogs & sled home. Hey look we still have some snow on the
>side of the road what ya think Weaver????? Off we go not real fast as they
>were both tired from the snow that we went through that was deeper than
>them. Then they spot the Hydro guy hey whats he doing. Hell I don't know
>they are up and down the street today getting out of their trucks and
>looking at all the Hydro Poles with binoculars. I didn't ask glad to see
my
>Money is going to such important tasks. :) Of course once Weaver spotted
>the guy we were off and he had to be mugged of course. The man asked if
>they were friendly where upon Weaver jumped him. Kinda slimed him cause it
>was muddy & slushy on the side of the road. We chatted for a bit (there
>were 3 in the truck and they were grinning at me probably thinking I'm an
>idiot). Off we set again, at this point I'm trying to turn them around,
and
>every time I did they'd mess me up and go the wrong way :( Finally after
>the 3rd try we got it and made it home. I didn't even have to hold onto
>them when I let them off the gangline they ran straight for the door :)
All
>in all a good day but not a lot of fun for sledding :( Then it was off
>grocery shopping for me, and Deana I mailed something to Nicole will tell
>you privately.
>
>I need a nap :(
>
>Marilyn & the Hubley Hooligans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home