The Hubley Hooligans in Action

Stupid moves, dumb stuff, my daily life living with Siberian Huskies.

Monday, September 18, 2006

On Sat, 18 May 2002 Farmers and their rules

On Sat, 18 May 2002 20:22:23 -0400, Marilyn Hubley
wrote:

Okay my kids are home, I'm happy but check out how this went down. The
Farmer called me at 12:30pm and said he had a surprise for me, I asked MY
DOGS? He said I'm not telling you just meet me at 1:30pm at the barn. I'm
like I can come now!!!!! he's like no no 1:30pm. So I sit and stew, sit
and stew and at 1:25pm I'm out the door. Arrive at said barn no one there yet,
see him coming. I'm standing there with two leashes and collars in my hand
and he says come into the barn, okay. Now he's carrying a big bottle with
a nipple on it, YA AT THIS POINT I'M WEIRDED OUT and is calling around the
barn and I see NOTHING!!!! Eventually two Lambs about a month old came out
and were very startled by him and even more by me, he asked me to back off
for a sec until they got started on their bottle and then asked me to come
forward. So I'm watching them feed and telling him how adorable they are
and I glance sideways. WELL %*(#@@% there's a dead lamb laying right
there :( I'm devastated, I think my dogs have done it, I ask him and he says oh
no that one got caught under the feeder and died (apparently this isn't
uncommon) and he'd brought it in the barn but hadn't disposed of it yet!!!!
Now I know I'm in a nightmare, so I wait while he feeds the lambs and tells
me about dogs chasing his sheep and a bunch of different sort of crap that
really wasn't comprehending at that point. Eventually he says well I've
had to shoot one dog and it was very hard on me as it was my friends pet and he never talked to me again. I'm like OH SHIT he's shot my dogs, no he says
not dead but had them since Thursday when they went missing and didn't tell
me when I saw him same day to teach me a lesson. At that point I didn't
care what the crazy old fart had to say after I just nodded and smiled and
grinned like a freaking idiot. So more lectures, I explain I rescue and
try to the best of my (and thousands of dollars) ability to keep the little
beggars in. Then he feels bad well I didn't know that he said I'm glad you
do that that's good follow me, we go around to the back of the barn to the
entrance to the barn cellar. Have ya ever been in one? I have PITCH
BLACK. That's where he kept my two bays since Thursday afternoon. Feed them once a day he said then said twice, so your guess is as good as mine, and watered them. Apparently he had tried to leave the door open a tick for sun but
Tundra escaped (I don't want to know how he caught her). We they were
BESIDE themselves to get out of there, he wanted to open up the cellar and
let them go and I'm like NOOOOOO god they'll bolt again. He figures they
won't want to come around there again, and I wouldn't either but you know
huskies. Anyway I then proceeded to lose my keys, found them, stuffed the
kids in the Durango and backed the heck outta there as quick as I could all
the while he's going I hope you don't hold this against me!!!!! LOL Some
days I seriously think I should have a camera crew following me throughout
my day cause some of the %#&@ that happens to me no one would believe if
they didn't see it, end of story, still have headache.

Marilyn & The Hubley Hooligans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home